The Sony Bravia TV enables you to play your music, photo and video files from a USB device. The rear or side of the Bravia includes one or two USB ports that enable data to transfer between the storage device and your TV. If you have lots of MKV files and Sony Bravia TV, chances are you want to play MKV files on Sony Bravia TV. When you try to do this, you'll find it's very difficult to do the job. Well, can Sony Bravia TVs play MKV files? Here is my answer. MKV is not one of the Sony Bravia TV supported formats.
But what if you really want to play MKV files on Sony Bravia TV? The easiest solution for you is to find a third-party tool to convert MKV to a fully compatible format with Sony Bravia TV. EaseFab Video Converter is such a smart tool for you. With it, you don't need to know what is the audio codec in the MKV format that'll be best for your Sony Bravia TV. You just need to choose the among the optimized presets for Sony TV and this program will do the rest for you. Besides, the program can help you complete the conversion from FLV, MKV, MOV, VOB, WMV, etc. into the specific video formats that are playable on the PS3, PS4, Xbox, Roku, iPad, iPhone, Android, Xbox, Samsung TV and many more. If you're using a Mac, simple turn to the Video Converter for Mac (OS X El Capitan included), which has the same function as the Windows version. Just have a try.
After download, you just have this great Sony TV video converter installed on your computer. Then, follow the guide below to play MKV on Sony Bravia TV smoothly.
Convert MKV Files to Play on Sony Bravia TV
Step 1. Load MKV videos
This application allows you to import your MKV files in two different ways. You can either click the Add Video button to browse your local directory or you can simply choose to drag-and-drop your local MKV videos onto the program. Then, you can see these files will appearing on the left item tray as thumbnails.
Step 2. Choose the optimized format for Sony Bravia TV
Now click the Profile icon to reveal output panel. And and mouse cursor to TV and Players category to Select Sony TV as the output format. The optimized output format will contains the best video settings for playback on your Sony Bravia TV.
Tip: Click the "Settings" button and customize proper video/audio parameters if necessary. Video size, bitrate and fame rate are flexible and can be adjusted as you like.
Step 3. Start encoding MKV to Sony Bravia TV
Click the Convert button at the bottom-right corner of the interface to convert the MKV file to your Sony Bravia TV. This Video Converter will finish the MKV to Sony Bravia TV conversion in just a few minutes.
After conversion, you can transfer all the output files to a USB drive and then play them on Sony Bravia TV via a USB cable or via DLNA.
How to Connect a USB Connector to a Sony Bravia TV
1. Power off your TV and carefully turn it to view the rectangular port with the USB icon. This will be symbolized by lines connecting geometric shapes.
2. Connect the USB connector to the port on your TV. Return the TV to its original position.
3. Power on your USB device.
4. Power on your TV, and press the "Home" or "Menu" button on your remote control to display the options menu.
5. Press the left- or right-arrow keys to navigate to Media (the green triangle icon).
6. Press the up- or down-arrow key to navigate to "Music," "Photos" or "Videos," and then press "+" to confirm.
7. Press the arrow key to select the USB device and then press the "+" key.
8. Press the arrow key to navigate to the file or folder and then press the "+" key.